Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Delaying Gratification

What bit me this summer I donno, but here I am, doing a finance internship in Standard Chartered Bank, Mumbai. Daily up-down from IIT campus to South Mumbai office is inevitable. Daily 2 hours of local train journey in the melting heat of Mumbai..aah!!...not one of the most desirable things, but I am doing it dutifully(?)

After a grueling day at work I was returning to the hostel late evening. A friend sees the exhausted, sweat-drenched me and out of some sense of duty asks me, "Tera give-up nahi hota kya??" At that point "a plain no with a fake smile" is only reply I could manage. But later when I gave it a thought, I said to myself...I should have given him a fitting reply. How on earth could I make him realize the feeling of ecstasy when after a draining day at work I sit in my room with my guitar........and at the same time play it too.(For all those people who still have doubts about my orkut album pic - I CAN play a bit of guitar)...After a tiresome week full of meetings, deadlines, presentations...when the weekend comes...it's like Joey finding keys to the eatery full of Sandwiches. Bliss!

Delayed gratification, my friend!

2 comments:

Abhiroop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abhiroop said...

play guitar and all! maybe we should jam sometime.. :P

but believe it bacche.. do well in the internship and u will see the the out-of-proportion benefits in december :D